Monday, June 16, 2008

Internship Day One

6-10-08
12:30-4:00
Well, I can’t feel my arm so Julie wasn’t lying about this internship being hard work! Today was Suzi and my first day at Girardini Design and it was fantastic! Julie and Ken are so nice and believe it or not I love the work we’re doing. Today we learned how to grind and sand using pneumatic tools. We learned how to clean the steel bars before working with them, We finished the steel clock structures that the Girardinis sell and attempted the finish for the clock faces. Okay, so the finish on the faces are a little more difficult than the rest but we still had a blast. Hopefully we won’t cause too much damage in the learning process! The clock structures are steel rods welded together. We spent the time cleaning up the ends of the rods and removing fire scale from the welding process. There is definitely a method involved and I quickly learned what not to do and what works best. I feel like Suzi and I have already learned a lot of information and I can’t wait for tomorrow!

6-11-08
No work today because of a power outage due to the storm. Sniff, I am sad.

No comments: