Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Researching Early 20th Century Jewelry

So research can be fun.
I was looking in the giant stash of grandma's ol' lady jewelry that my mom was compelled to keep for some giant bling rings that I could use for social design.
There was some interesting finds. And yes, I got my mom to do the rock star pose in the spirit of the moment.
Little does she know this is now on the internet.





Apparently 50's-80's designers really didn't look at the overall picture before putting something in mass production.
I'm not going to say what I believe this to resemble but I think you get the picture.









Sarah Coventry apparently outfitted Count Dracula.











And for future reference a pack of three hair nets were 39 cents back in the day.
What in the world do you need a hair net for anyway?

1 comment:

susannahnaree said...

that picture of your mom is priceless