Thursday, July 3, 2008

More Internship Fun.


6-30-08
1-4
We scrubbed the sanded, steel bars with Scotch Brite pads for a couple of hours. It's tedious, but you get to sit down and can hear the music playing since there's no machinery running. We had 16 slices of steel pipe to grind. Ken tried showing me an alternate way to grind. All I can say is Ken is obviously more skilled at that method and it made me feel like a color blind two year old trying to play Simon. ( If you don't know what that is look it up, I'm old. ) Needless to say, to each his own, I'll stick to the Julie method. After that we started learning packaging methods. I found this fun, like a puzzle to see how to get it packaged the most effectively. I am such a dork, but bubble wrap makes me happy.
By the way, I haven't had a day off in about three weeks. If I'm not at the Girardini's, I'm working at Safeway. Plus, I have pool league twice a week and that can run pretty late. I also babysat both my parents and my brothers houses and animals for the week they were on vacation. This is the first day off that I've had in FOREVER, and I'm a little unsure what to do. Just keep in mind that if I start not making sense, it's due to sleep deprivation. Stay tuned for more Keeping Up With The Interns.

No comments: