Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Internship 8-13-08


Today I drilled the holes for the ornament holders on the drill press after Suzi marked and punched the holes with an awl.
This is the photographs from The Artful Home online catalog.
This is the Triple Ornament holder and below is the single.Check out the catalog if you get a chance, there are some wonderful pieces of furniture, jewelry and artwork on the website.
www.artfulhome.com


After drilling the pieces I then sanded a finish onto the bases and sides.
I made up a "tool kit" of different scrap pieces for Suzi and I to use in designing our own functional item. We will either be creating an original clock, bowl, candle holder or simple functional item using the experience we have gained from the internship. I can't wait to have my very own steel artwork!

No comments: