Friday, August 22, 2008

Internship 8-20-08

I brought in my ICFF book of collected images from the show to show Ken, Dave and Julie since they couldn't go this year. We discussed some of the designs and their strong points. We also got a chance to look at Dave's sketchbook which was a fabulous example of sketching. (I was jealous! Me and pencils don't get along. My sketchbooks are reminiscent of a 3 year olds doodles. ) Later, I worked on cutting pieces for a series of Curves clocks. I cut the square rod with the rotary saw, sanded them on the belt sander and then scotch-brited them so they're smooth. I worked on the Osaka Lamp pieces. I had to grind the bases in a three step process. Suzi meanwhile sanded panels that Ken will later patina. I had a chance to watch the process for that which is more complicated than one would think. Overall, it was a pretty busy day and we managed to get caught up on a lot of work.

No comments: