Thursday, November 20, 2008

After Action Review for Social Design Project 2

After Action Review for Social Design Project 2

Sustains What did you do well? Which actions and strategies led to success that
you will continue to use?

I spent a lot of time researching my chosen topic of clean energy including hydrogen, wind and solar power. I also believe the finished product was well executed.

Improves Which things did not work so well? These are areas to improve.
Evaluate strategies and approaches that you used either consciously or unconsciously.

I would have liked to spend more time on the actual making of the pins as well as prototyping. My designs worked in theory but some translated poorly to the 3d object. I would also have revised the scale of the pieces had I been able to receive the LED lights sooner to know their actual size.

What Ifs How could the project been more successful?
What are the best incarnations of the project?

I really wish I could have acquired some solar paint to experiment with. I think the power button was the best graphically however the hydrogen pin was the best fabrication. I would also have liked to take photographs of the pieces on the body. The pin/button format worked well in my opinion as a method to promote clean energy and bring awareness of alternative energy choices; I just think that the actually symbol needs refining so it's more obvious to the viewer.

No comments: