Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Mutter Museum


First stop on my trip to Philly was the Mutter, a museum for medical science memorabilia and instructional models and specimens. If you can handle seeing a giant colon and bashed in baby heads you should check it out.






I enjoyed the thousand and one things extracted from throats. My favorite being a pin with "Perfect Attendance" on it. You can make 'em go to school but you can't make 'em smart.






I found some images from the museum.
These are from the new exhibit on lead.

Lead casting implements.





Lead stamps








Lead signet rings.







And this is just one of many creepy was models.











There is also a room full of organ pieces in formaldehyde, tres cool.
I do have to say that the room full of fetuses in glass jars did make me lose my appetite but you just can't stop looking at them.
I recommend going if you can handle this sort of thing.

No comments: