Friday, October 3, 2008

Coasters in Action


Here are the pictures of my installation for social design.
I finally had a chance to take them out to a bar/restaurant and put them into place. The first bar said no way and sent me packing.





I apologize for the grainy pics but the owner wasn't too thrilled with flash photography during happy hour.
He did however allow me to place them on the bar and even let his bartenders serve drinks on them.





I was surprised at the reactions however, a lot of people thought they were funny.








I guess the people smiling and laughing weren't driving home shitaki'd.






After a while most of the people in the bar had one under their beverage. Unfortunately many didn't even notice or if they did they didn't care.

2 comments:

Jangrrrrl said...

guerillas don't ask permission!
keep it going.

aquagirl210 said...

I loved this project. It's such a hard battle to fight. I hope you win.