Friday, October 10, 2008

Sundance Channel Makes Me Happy

So, I figured out how to make my blog come back after playing around while home sick. I'm very pleased because I was quite close to a nervous breakdown over it being awol.
While home lazing about and feeling terrible I got a chance to watch some Sundance channel.
I think everyone should check out the new show Iconoclasts as it has some episodes relevant to our social design class. I was hesitant to watch at first because I'm not a huge Tommy Hilfiger fan and he created the series. The first episode I watched was Quentin Tarantino and Fiona Apple. While Tarantino is fun to watch Fiona had a despondent look of boredom the whole episode.
In relation to social design, I watched an episode on Isabella Rossellini, actress/model known for the film Blue Velvet (which everyone should see) and Dean Kamen. (Dean is the inventor/entrepreneur that created the Segway and ibot) Dean Kamen is the man. His house is built around a giant engine, it's powered by a wind turbine, his machine shop in his house is something to behold and finally he got Isabella Rossellini on a Segway. He has 2 helicopters and his own private jet, all because of a redesign he created in high school. The guy is amazing. Check it out!

No comments: