Thursday, March 6, 2008

Project Runway

Project Runway is addictive. Really, I meant it. I can't help but watch to see the latest fabulousness and disaster!
Next in the line of fire: Weightloss Challenge!
So each designer was given a person who had lost weight and their old clothes to redesign. Of course, Christian pulled off a fierce outfit that was totally wearable and I completely coveted. Steve, however, made a maid uniform. It was laughable.
I loved that Ricky took the initiative to put on his models clothes to check the fit. Work it!
I did get the notion that as an artist there is a certain level of color sense that is required to create beautiful art. Several of the designers seem to lack this sense of color, or perhaps sense of imminent failure. Generally, when you make crap you should be able to recognize it as crap and modify. Unfortunately for them that didn't happen.

This could be my favorite episode purely for the best Tim Gun quote ever:
"I've made more bad decisions at 3 o'clock in the morning than I can list."
So true Tim, so true.

and not to omit my favorite designers little witticisms:
" the judges might die over it, ot they might die because of it." -Christian

No comments: