Sunday, March 23, 2008

Resin Casting

I cast my teeth in resin over spring break.
Here's a play by play on the process.


Check the objects you are
casting to make sure they fit first.



Make sure your resin is warm but not hot.

This is epoxy resin. Please note it smells like death.
Be sure to ventilate.
I would have done this outside
but it has to be 75 to 85 degrees to cast.




I suggest having gloves,
a respirator,
a syringe to poke bubbles,
a plastic measuring cup that you don't want to see again
and disposable plastic containers.




My mom said the only way she was going to wear teeth
was if they were diamonds.
I added a little bling to one just for her.






Mix the resin according to the instructions.
Be very clear as to how much time you have to mix and pour.
Use a needle or syringe if your sister is a clepto-nurse
to poke any bubbles.




While casting, use your spare time to boil teeth.

2 comments:

susannahnaree said...

HAHA resin smells like death.
I loved how they came out especially the ones with glitter.... so shiny.

Katy Ginger said...

Sherri this is awesome! I love that you documented all of your steps for everyone to see. I have been trying to explain the casting process to my mom and she obviously has no clue what I'm talking about. I'm totally going to bring her to your blog so she can see. You rock.