Friday, March 7, 2008

Where am I going with this?

So, I've decided to search for teeth to make jewelry with. How I've come to this is more than a little bizarre and far-fetched but that is justifiable considering my random methods at brainstorming. I was basically driving down the road the other day thinking about what I was going to create for my Blood Diamond/Casting project. A 2 hour commute is always a refreshing way to start the day. Nothing like a little road rage to get your blood pumping for creative thoughts. I was thinking about how I was more engaged with the concepts I'd come up with about dehumanization, death tolls and unsympathetic reaction to death relative to involvement. I passed a rather rank road-kill and began to question why no one is bothered by the corpse and who removes them? What do they do with them? Teeth seemed aggressive and personal. I wanted, no strike that, needed teeth. I feel like they get across my point of this conflict being so personal to the individuals involved and completely ignored by those who weren't. Also, I wanted to see how many people would wear dead animal teeth. There is that.

No comments: