Monday, September 29, 2008

After Action Review # 1

Design Problem One: Deconstruct/Reconstruct

Sustains What did you do well? Which actions and strategies led to success that
you will continue to use?

I made a good die before it slid apart on me in the press.
I really like the form I chose to use and hope to make a smaller version to use for the pin swap. Liz is determined I should have flocked tick/spider/men pins and I am down with that.
I feel that my timeline should have been written out so you could read it lol.

Improves Which things did not work so well? These are areas to improve.

I really wish I had noticed the shift before pressing the die and thus bending the brass plates inward. I would have saved myself an entire day of filing had the pieces matched better. At this point the die is unusable with out new brass plates. I also think I should have tried the natural rubber more in the project portion. I used it with my original sample pieces but didn’t want to risk my luck with the project.


What Ifs How could the project been more successful?
What are the best incarnations of the project?

Some of the pressings were more voluminous even though I pressed to the same psi and with the same durometer. These actually fit together better than the other slightly smaller forms from the very first pressings. I annealed the later pressings with the annealing torch so tht may be the contributing factor. Next project I will be using duct tape to hold my die. I don’t see why that would be a problem and it will hold up better.



No comments: