Monday, September 22, 2008

Social Design: Prototypes

I bought some magnet/paper product today to see if gocco is an option with that. I really like the idea of magnets on peoples cars for the DWI project.
I'm debating design aspects right now:
If I use written language I feel it's less dramatic but I can't seem to find a symbol or set of images that are immediately recognizable and dramatic.
I'm thinking that I don't want to soften the blow by using politically correct terms but that Drunk Driver just isn't exciting enough.
I like the visual of drink+driving=jail but need some ideas on what symbols to use. So far I have martini+steering wheel?= handcuffs?

Are you following me here? This is a poll.
What would be the most obvious way to portray this?

2 comments:

execute.trade said...

I like the symbol equation idea a lot. The one you mentioned is good. Maybe you could have a few different ones.
Perhaps a beer + a car = skull and cross bones.
Or the image of someone holding a beer at the wheel = ROADKILL with a picture of a dead person with tire marks over their stomach (like on looney tunes). That one is morbid, but also kinda funny, and might catch ppl off guard (especially if they're driving around drunk at the time). Will you be illustrating these yourself?

Jangrrrrl said...

martini glass, beer bottle, wine glass, shot glass + steering wheel = bars, handcuffs, totalled car, dead person, etc.