Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The NY Times

I started on the front page. I have yet to get through to section B. Every single article has drawn me in, I re-read the article on cholesterol medicine and it's possible side-effects twice. My parents have both been prescribed these types of medicine in the past and now they're publishing that advanced trials were never run and these drugs may cause cancer.
To make matters worse, I have been very careful in not mentioning any of my personal, political views for this upcoming presidential race. After reading about John McCain's running candidate I think my vote may change. That's all I am saying about that.
I am so overwhelmed with the amount of information I read, Japan's leader resigns (again), the Georgian conflict still wages with thousands displaced, sushi may not be sushi at all, Medicare is a joke, more than 1.4 billion people live below poverty level earning around 1.25 USD a day ...and just when I got depressed the Times throws in a dinky story on ecologically friendly revolving homes. Why is the inspiring stuff never front page material?

No comments: