Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Hooray Books!

I got some of my books from Amazon today! So far I re-read the first 6 chapters of Ideo (which features Amazon, go figure) and am 3/4 of the way through the Penland book of jewelry. So far most of the artists featured make me want to try their methods out. I was fascinated with the forged jewelry of John Cogswell and am now jealous of everyone in the metals II class. I also really liked the work by Rob Jackson, although not my aesthetic his inclusion of steel and fine metal is intriguing. I liked the recycled look of Deb Stoner's file-rings and bracelets. I started wrecking my journal. It's a little goofy but relaxing in a way. I still think we should make this a cooperative assignment and swap journals for wrecking. I already spit in Megan's. If only everyone would spit in mine.
Unfortunately, I need to study my biology book for my upcoming exam or I'd be shooting right through the rest of my newly acquired literature.
I did get a chance to check out a few of my fellow metalhead's blogs and dig the link on Jenn's blog on social design. Check it out, it's about Web 2.0. I'll get back to you when I have time to read the whole article...here's a link http://www.technologyandsocialaction.org/designing_for_the_21st_century

Hopefully, I will be able to finish up all my reading in time for PR!!!!

No comments: